Learning, Design, and Technology
Our programs will teach you to become a leader in technology-enhanced learning environments. You’ll find our graduates in schools, corporate settings, higher education, museums, and libraries. Coursework includes instructional design, online learning design, information literacy, computer-based education, and instructional product evaluation.
Our faculty are leading scholars in areas such as:
- Instructional systems design
- P-12 technology integration
- Teacher professional development
- STEM integration, including robotics and maker spaces
- Case-based learning
- Real-time problem solving
- Creativity and innovation
Master of Education (MEd)
- MEd in Learning, Design, and Technology (Instructional Technology)
The MEd in Learning, Design, and Technology program prepares graduate students to be skilled practitioners and leaders in technology-enhanced education for P-12 schools.
- MEd in Learning, Design, and Technology (Online)
- MEd in Learning, Design, and Technology (Research-oriented MEd)
The MEd in Learning, Design, and Technology program prepares graduate students to be skilled practitioners and leaders in technology-enhanced education for K-12 schools.
Educational Specialist (EdS)
- EdS in Learning, Design, and Technology (Instructional Technology)
Enroll in this online program to earn an advanced degree and certificate upgrade in school library media or instructional technology while continuing your career.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- PhD in Learning, Design, and Technology
This Ph.D. program prepares students for advanced scholarly inquiry related to the design, development, and evaluation of effective interactive learning environments.
- Certificate in eLearning Design
Most of your fellow students will be practicing teachers. This provides you with an excellent opportunity to gain a new set of colleagues, to compare professional experiences, and to develop personal relationships. • The UGA Griffin Campus is located 40 miles south of Atlanta in Griffin, Georgia and plays host to several of the university's programs.
- Certificate in Instructional Technology for Teaching
This certificate teaches powerful ways to integrate technology into your own teaching practice by working with world-class faculty, all from the convenience of an online graduate certificate taken in five courses.
- Certificate in Learning, Design, and Technology (Undergraduate)
Open to all undergraduate students, this certificate program aims to promote a more meaningful and systematic view of the role of educational technology in P-12, higher education, and corporate learning environments.
- Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning (Online)
This certificate is ideal for people who are already teaching or who hope to do so in the future, whether in P-12, higher education, or at the corporate level.