School Counseling and Counselor Education and Supervision
Our professional counseling programs cover a variety of topics in order to train students to serve as a counselor in a variety of settings, such as:
- Community mental health agencies
- Juvenile justice facilities
- Outdoor therapeutic programs
- Drug and alcohol treatment facilities
- Private practice
- MEd/EdS in Professional Counseling (School Counseling)
Prepare for a career supporting students in elementary, middle, and secondary schools with the dual M.Ed./Ed.S. in Professional Counseling (School Counseling).
Educational Specialist (EdS)
- EdS in Professional School Counseling (Gwinnett Campus)
Earn advanced certification as a school counselor through our Educational Specialist program focusing on "new vision" school counseling principles.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- PhD in Education (Counselor Education and Supervision-Gwinnett Campus only)
Join a nationally-ranked, CACREP-accredited program with the Ph.D. in Counseling and Student Personnel Services at the UGA Gwinnett Campus.