For the BSEd in Communication Sciences and Disorders
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility requirements for the BSEd in Communication Sciences and Disorders are outlined in the UGA Bulletin. Students who do not meet these minimum requirements may apply and may be considered on a case-by-case basis, at the faculty's discretion, after all students who meet the criteria have been considered, providing space is available.
Third Friday in January to be considered for the fall cohort (starting in August). The Program Application will open on January 1.
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Undergraduate Admissions committee will evaluate all applications with respect to:
- GPA. A minimum GPA of 3.20 or higher.
- Performance in the following courses or their equivalent:
- ENGL 1101
- ENGL 1102
- MATH 1101 (or other core math)
- BIOL 1103/1103L
- Quality of Application Essay.
In the Communication Sciences and Disorders Program Application, students should submit the following:
- Transfers students only: PDF copy of unofficial transcripts.
- Essay (12 point, single-spaced) of no more than 500 words responding to the following prompt:
- The demographics of the United States are rapidly changing. How will this impact professions related to communication disorders?