For the BSEd in Early Childhood Education
Eligibility requirements for the BSEd in Early Childhood Education are outlined in the UGA Bulletin.
- Third Friday in August to be considered for the spring cohort (starting in January)
- Third Friday in January to be considered for the fall cohort (starting in August)
Applicants who meet the application deadline and the minimum eligibility requirements will be evaluated by the program faculty on the following artifacts, which will be weighed equally:
1. Statement of Purpose (essay)
Applicants must write a double-spaced statement of no more than four pages. The student should demonstrate deep and substantial thinking about two questions:
- Reflect on courses you have taken and literature you have read to discuss how your perspectives have been challenged as well as new insights or questions that have emerged or actions you have taken, as a result.
- Discuss a personal interest or question that you have wondered about and pursued. How did you pursue your interest or question or involve others in helping you pursue your interest or question?
You will need to submit your statement of purpose/essay as a PDF; Please name the document: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Essay.
Applicants must provide a standard one-page résumé including educational background, work experience, extracurricular activities, community involvement, etc.
Experiences not related to education and experiences dating back through high school may be included. Please be sure to include any relevant dates, such as the months/years of an experience.
You will need to submit your résumé as a PDF; Please name the document: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME Resume.