For the BSEd in Social Studies Education
The social studies education major is designated as a high-demand major at the University of Georgia. The university identifies high-demand majors as those that receive or expect to receive more applications for major status from fully qualified rising juniors than the program can accommodate without endangering the quality of instruction offered. The social studies education program admits approximately thirty-five students per application round, based on quality of applicants and departmental resources.
Apply by the Third Friday in August to be considered for the upcoming spring cohort.
- Approximately 60 hours of Core Areas I - VI courses, upper level Area of Emphasis content courses, and Foreign Language courses should be completed
- 2.8 GPA (overall, cumulative, and in Areas V and VI combined)
- Completion of (or current enrollment in) EDUC 2110, EDUC 2120, or EPSY 2130
- Passing scores on or exemption from the GACE Program Admission Assessment
Qualifying exemption scores:
- SAT (Critical Reading and Math scores combined > 1000)
- ACT (English and Math scores combined > 43)
- GRE (Verbal and Quantitative scores combined > 1030 or 297)
Social Studies Education online Program Application, which consists of the following: