For the BSEd in Special Education
On the Special Education Program application, students should submit the following:
Two (2) page statement of purpose outlining your teaching philosophy, experience and career goals, as well as answering the following questions:
- What types of disabilities do you have experience with and envision yourself working with?
- In what setting would you like to work (e.g., school, clinic, home-based)?
- What is your primary age/grade of interest?
Proof of GACE Program Admission Assessment Completion
- Copy of passing GACE scores, or
- SAT/ACT/GRE scores
Proof of GACE Ethics Program Entry (350) Assessment Completion
- Copy of Ethics Entry Certificate of Completion
Unofficial transcripts from all schools attended (transfer students only).
Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be evaluated by the Special Education Undergraduate Admissions Committee on the required application materials and ranking of GPA.
Applications will continue to be reviewed on a rolling basis after the deadline until cohorts are full.