For the EdD in Learning, Leadership, and Organization Development
The EdD in Learning, Leadership & Organization Development only admits students in summers of even years (2018, 2020, etc.).
When completing the Graduate School application, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Official transcripts (graduate and undergraduate).
- Valid (within the past five years) GRE scores
The LLOD program may consider waiving the GRE as a requirement for admission if (a) you have more than 5 consecutive years of full-time, professional work experience related to LLOD and have previously earned a graduate degree from an accredited university with a cumulative GPA above a 3.0 or better OR if (2) you have a test score from a valid entrance exam [such as GMAT, LSAT, MAT] within the past five years that can be used in lieu of a current GRE.
To request this waiver, email email@example.com with your resume, unofficial transcript(s), and a brief explanation for your request.
- A brief paper that outlines your understanding of action research (maximum 3 pages).
For this paper, please be sure to include insights you gained from reading the following articles (available by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Dickens, L., & Watkins, K. E. (1999). Action research: Rethinking Lewin. Management Learning, 30(2), 127-140.
- Coghlan, D. (2007). Insider action research doctorates: Generating actionable knowledge. Higher Education, 54, 293–306. doi:10.1007/s10734-005-5450-0
- Reason, P., & McArdle, K. L. (2008). Action research and organization development. In T. G. Cummings (Ed.), Handbook of Organization Development (pp. 123-136). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Compare and contrast the key points made in each article about the nature of action research. Where did the articles seem to converge and diverge in their view of action research? What did you learn about action research?
5. Statement of Purpose that outlines your goals for pursuing the EdD degree (maximum 3 pages). Why is this EdD degree, with its emphasis on leading change, and specifically completing an action research dissertation, relevant for your education and/or career goals? What have you done already and what do you propose to do with a degree that prepares you to be a scholar-leader with a doctoral-level understanding of learning and change in order to transform your world?
6. (Optional) An additional academic writing sample (maximum 10 pages - excerpts are welcome).