Elementary Agriculture Education Endorsement
Completing the Elementary Agriculture Education (P-5) Endorsement will make you eligible to add this certification to your teaching certificate, provided you currently hold certification in agriculture education. If you are currently certified in elementary education, you may complete this endorsement after passing the Agriculture Education GACE exam. Check with your advisor if you are enrolled in an elementary education degree program or an agriculture education degree program and wish to add this endorsement to your certification upon completion of your program.
To qualify for admittance into the Elementary Agriculture Education (P-5) Endorsement program, you must:
- Complete an application for admission (applications must be submitted and approved at least one semester prior to course enrollment)
- Successfully complete a series of courses
- Pass the Agriculture Education GACE exam
- Add an Elementary Agriculture Education (P-5) Endorsement to your Georgia teaching certificate
- Complete the course series on its own or as part of an agriculture education or elementary education degree
- Get hands-on experience in agriculture
Please consult your advisor on the order in which to complete your curriculum.
- Complete coursework:
- Six credit hours of approved agriculture courses from CAES (see advisor)
Pass the Agriculture Education GACE exam
- Elementary Science Methods for Agricultural Education (ESCI 4200)
- Child Development and Teaching in the Sciences (EPSY 3200)
- Methods of Elementary Agriscience (AGED/EDUC 4361/6361)
Courses in the Elementary Agriculture Education (P-5) Endorsement focus on teaching methodologies, development, and instruction in supporting elementary learners, content-area literacies, and environmental literacies. All endorsement courses are now offered on the Athens campus.
Our nationally recognized faculty will work with you to customize your program.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the internal endorsement application form in addition to any other applications required by the endorsement program or UGA Graduate School.
All current UGA students must have successfully completed (grade B- or higher) an introductory teaching and assessment course prior to applying to or beginning this program and be working toward a degree in agricultural education.
Current UGA Students
- Complete the application for admission . It can take up to one month for your application to be reviewed and processed.
- If you have not received an email about your application within a month, please email Jason Peake .
Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
- Apply through the Graduate School
- When completing your Graduate School application, please include the following documents:
- Current resume/CV that includes your Georgia teacher certificate number
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
Apply to UGA Graduate School