To be considered, you must complete an application for admission to the Graduate School as a non-degree student. To be admitted to the teacher leader endorsement program, you must:
- Have a minimum of five years' teaching experiences in P-12 schools
- Have a master's degree or above
- Have two letters of support, one from your building principal (direct supervisor) and one from a district office administrator
- Have a system letter of commitment signed and on file attesting that the system will
- Provide coaching oversight of work during the residency along with the UGA instructor supervising in the residency courses, and
- Acknowledge and support that the residency requirements as outlined by the GaPSC dictate that experiences must occur in three education settings different from the school and the grade level in which you work.
For the System Letter of Commitment Form that must be on file as part of the admissions process.
To add the Teacher Leader Endorsement, you must have a professional certificate at the master's degree or higher level in any recognized teaching field. An endorsement is valid only in the state for which it is issued. At the time of completion, you may apply to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission for the endorsement to be added to your credentials.