My current research centers on explorations of representations of nature in science education, and neoliberalism's impact on education. In past I have focused on understanding classroom discourse in K-12 science classrooms and science teacher education programs from the perspectives of individual agency and equity.
- Sharma, A. (in press). The ontology of science teaching in the neoliberal era. Cultural Studies of Science Education.
- Schmiechel, M., Sharma, A., & Pittard, B. (in press). Contours of neoliberalism in empirical American educational research. Curriculum Inquiry.
- Sharma, A. (2016). Understanding climate change 'debate'. Science & Education, 25(5-6), 717-723.
- Sharma, A. (2016). STEM-ification of Education: The Zombie Reform Strikes Again. Journal for Activist Science and Technology Education, 7(1), 42-51.
- Sharma, A., & Buxton, C. A. (2015). Human–Nature Relationships in School Science: A Critical Discourse Analysis of a Middle‐Grade Science Textbook. Science Education, 99(2), 260-281.
- Sharma, A. (2015). Teacher activism: Got post-structuralism? Journal for Activist Science and Technology Education, 6(1), 27-36.