The UGA Speech & Hearing Clinic offers innovative research-based services in the following areas:
- Hearing evaluations (all ages)
- Newborn hearing screening and follow-up
- Diagnostic auditory brainstem response (ABR) testing for infants
- Comprehensive hearing evaluations for children and adults
- Tinnitus consultations
- Cochlear implant candidacy evaluations
- Cochlear implant activation and programming
- Cochlear implant troubleshooting
- Hearing aid consultations
- Hearing aid fitting and programming
- Hearing aid troubleshooting
- FM system, remote microphone, and other assistive technology services
- Aural Rehabilitation therapy for individuals with hearing loss
- Custom swim molds
- Custom hearing protection
- Speech-Language Evaluations
- Speech-Language Therapy (all ages) - Individual or small group sessions focused on speech sound disorders, language disorders, late talkers, voice, resonance, cognitive communication, AAC, aphasia, and dysphagia.
- Accent modification supports
- Transgender voice supports
- Social skills and executive function therapy
- Literacy Services (all ages) - Individual or small group sessions for reading, writing, & spelling.
- Aural Rehabilitation Services (all ages) - Individual or small group sessions.
- Weekly Phonics & Phonological Awareness Lessons (ages 3 to 7) - Interactive small groups.
- Weekly Book Club Groups (ages 3 to 10) - To build vocabulary and language skills.
- Monthly Book Club Groups (tweens, teens and high schoolers) - To encourage social and academic conversation around books and stories.
- Writing Intensives, including: Comic Book Bootcamp (1st through 8th graders), Fantasy Fun Bootcamp (1st through 8th graders), The 5 Paragraph Essay Bootcamp (6th through 12th graders)
- Weekly Writing Groups (1st through 12th graders)
- Weekly Circle Time Language Groups (ages 2 through 5th grade) - For children with diagnosed speech-language disorders or whose families are concerned about their speech and language skills.
- Weekly "Once Upon a Story" Small Groups (ages 2 through 5th grade) - For children with diagnosed speech/language disorders or whose families are concerned about their speech and language skills.
- COVID Special Offering! FREE Instructional Consultation
We are offering free instructional 30 minute consultations to families, early education/daycare teachers, homeschooling groups, tutors, and learning pod leaders during the fall 2020 transition to virtual learning.
Free screenings are listed in our upcoming events and announced on our Facebook page. You can also contact the clinic for the next screening date.
The UGA Speech and Hearing Clinic complies with applicable federal civil rights laws. Students, faculty, staff, and persons served are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, culture, disability, participation restriction, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, language, dialect, or status as a parent or veteran.
Notice of Nondiscrimination and Language Assistance Services