All nominations should be submitted to the Office of the Associate Dean for Faculty and Staff Services by 5 pm on January 31. Should this date fall on a weekend or holiday, nominations should be submitted the next working day. Email the nomination packet as a single PDF to Christy Glazer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Awards Committee will not review late or incomplete dossiers.
Application Procedures and Documentation
It is the responsibility of the nominators to assemble a full dossier on the nominee. The dossier must contain:
- A Cover Sheet
- Nomination Letter (not to exceed 2 pages)
- Vita (10 pages specifically responsive to the award criteria or a full vita with relevant portions highlighted)
- Body of Nomination (not to exceed 5 pages)
All awardees receive a plaque and a monetary award, which may be used for summer salary or expended for travel, supplies or other allowable expenses during the next fiscal year.
Previous awardees are ineligible for the same award. Members of the Faculty Awards Committee are ineligible for nomination during the time they are serving on the committee.
[Updated August 2015]
List of Awards
- Aderhold Distinguished Professor Award
- Arthur M. Horne Faculty Award for Community Engagement and Research
- Carl Glickman Faculty Fellow Award
- Donald O. Schneider Mentoring Award
- Faculty Senate D. Keith Osborn Award For Teaching Excellence
- Ira E. Aaron Award for Teaching Excellence and Collegiality
- Jenny Penney Oliver Faculty Diversity Award
- Ocie T. Dekle Excellence in Teaching Award
- Russell H. Yeany, Jr., Research Award