The University of Georgia’s Bulldog 100 list honors five alumni from the College of Education.
This annual recognition, sponsored by the UGA Alumni Association, recognizes the fastest-growing businesses owned or operated by UGA alumni. The winners were picked from more than 500 nominations with rankings based on a compounded annual growth rate over a three-year period.
This year's fastest-growing businesses with ties to the College of Education include:
- ADD’s Personal Care Pharmacy, Bogart, Georgia (Rachel Florence, BSED ’05): Established in 1961, Athens Discount Drug, or ADD Drug, is known for its old-fashion lunch counter, variety of gifts, USPS postal service and medical care. The pharmacy takes pride in providing friendly and personal service.
- BOS Security, Inc., Athens, Georgia (Nathan Carmack, AB '67, MED '72): Established in 1993, BOS Security specializes in providing both human security guards and virtual guarding for clients across the country.
- Buckhead Beans, Atlanta, Georgia (Matthew Ades, AB ’94, MED ’96): Established in 2014, Buckhead Beans delivers fresh, locally roasted artisan coffees and organic teas to offices in the Atlanta area.
- FTM Travel, Brentwood, Tennessee (Christy Shadday, BSED ’93): FTM Travel specializes in booking vacations for all things Disney, including Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, Adventures by Disney and Disney’s Aulani resort in Hawaii.
- The Southern Coterie, Sea Island, Georgia (Cheri Leavy, BSED ’97): The Southern Coterie is an online resource for Southern creatives and entrepreneurs to create, connect and collaborate.
This is the second year in a row that BOS Security, Inc., FTM Travel and The Southern Coterie have made the list. All of the Bulldog 100 winners will be honored by the UGA Alumni Association in Athens on Feb. 8.
View full list of nominees