Four students and an alumna of the Mary Frances Early College of Education were recently recognized as 2021-22 Blue Key initiates at the annual Tucker Dorsey Blue Key Awards Banquet.
Blue Key recognizes second-, third- and fourth-year undergraduate, graduate and professional students of outstanding character who have achieved distinction in scholarship, leadership and service. Members join a roster of elite UGA alumni who have been inducted into the society over the last nine decades.
The College’s 2021-22 Blue Key initiates are:
- Phaidra Buchanan (B.S.Ed. ’21), social studies education
- Lytzy Hernandez (B.S.Ed. ’22), exercise and sport science
- Margaret Kowalski (B.S.Ed. ’22), sport management
- Nia Mitchell (Ph.D. ’24), qualitative research and evaluation methodologies
- Sophie Waller (M.S. ’18, Ph.D. ’24), kinesiology
All Blue Key awardees and initiates were recognized on Friday, Oct. 15 at the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel. The UGA chapter of the Blue Key Honor Society is the third oldest chapter of the national organization.