Graduate Student Support
Ongoing conversations within the PDSD revealed some areas in which Clarke County teachers needed additional support. To help meet these needs, the COE Office of School Engagement supports UGA graduate assistants (GAs) who work with Clarke County teachers and COE faculty who work in the PDSD.
Office & School-based Support
- Ashley Nylin is a graduate assistant who supports the Office of School Engagement projects.
- Susan Minkiewicz and Matt Moulton are graduate assistants who work with PIRs Gayle Andrews and Kathy Thompson at Hilsman Middle School.
- Jason Mizell is a graduate assistant who supports faculty member Ruth Harman with an on-site course at Coile Middle School.
- Sharon Nuruddin is a graduate assistant who supports PIR Lou Tolosa-Casadont at Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School.
Professional Learning in High School Mathematics
- In 2015-16, Hwa Young Lee provided district-wide support for high school teachers in mathematics, also developing curriculum guides with supporting resources.
- For three years, Kalianne Neumann provided professional development at Clarke Central High School as teachers incorporate the district’s one-to-one technology initiative into their instructional planning.