Outreach, Engagement, and Service
Outreach, Engagement, and Service are intrinsically linked to the mission and purpose of the College of Education. Our research often engages and enhances the community, and our students serve in schools, clinics, and other community environments where they gain valuable professional experience in exchange for their service.
We are proud to connect our faculty members’ expertise and our student leaders in many different ways within our community, across Georgia, and around the world. For more information on ways to connect with the College as a community partner, please contact the Office of Outreach and Engagement .
Let us help…
- Develop partnerships
- Offer professional development
- Provide international and global awareness
- Influence policy and reform
- Provide knowledge and expertise
- Perform research and service
There are many great things happening at the College of Education and to outsiders, it might be easy to assume it’s the result of effort from one team of people. But no, our difference-making initiatives come from several departments that bring ideas to life in our communities with local, regional, and global impact. Learn more about what each group brings to the table.
- Applied Behavior Analysis Clinic
- Center for Autism and Behavioral Education Research
- Center for Counseling and Personal Evaluation
- Center for Latino Achievement and Success in Education
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Reading Clinic
- School Psychology Clinic
- Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Torrance Center for Creativity and Talent Development
Our outreach hubs work hard to set programs in motion that leave a positive mark on school systems, youth in the community, disabled persons, and diverse populations all over the world. Here we showcase just a sample of the services and initiatives that put our lofty words to action.
- Audiology Services
- CABER Services
- CLASE Professional Development
- CLASE Tutoring and Mentoring Program
- La Clínica in LaK’ech
- Comprehensive Psychological Evaluations
- Creative Explorers Camp
- Empowered Youth Programs
- Georgia Sensory Assistance Project
- Horizons at UGA
- Pediatric Exercise and Motor Development Clinic
- Red Clay Writing Project
- Science Motivation Questionnaire II
- Speech and Hearing Screenings
- Speech-Language Pathology Services
- Torrance Center Summer Institute
- Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking Training
- UGA Archway Partnership
- School, counseling psychology doctoral students receive internship matches
This year, both the school psychology and counseling psychology programs reached a 100% match rate with doctoral students set to receive critical work experience in a range of areas and settings.
- Making a purposeful impact
New career advancement tool developed by College faculty provides personalized job, training opportunities for clinical research professionals.
- Clinical associate professor gives conference presentation on partnership with school district
Sara Kajder, clinical associate professor and director of clinical practice, recently gave a presentation on the partnership between UGA and Clarke County School District.