CABER Demonstration ClassroomThrough a cooperative arrangement with Clarke County School District, CABER coordinates with our Applied Behavior Analysis Clinic to provide direct classroom instruction to elementary children with autism. Certified teaching staff from the clinic lead classroom instruction and provide a training ground for new teachers and in-service teachers while delivering high-quality instruction to Clarke County school children.
UGA School Psychology Clinic
All assessments are overseen by licensed psychologists.
- Comprehensive psycho-educational services for preschool- and school-age children and adolescents
- Diagnostic evaluations of autism spectrum disorder for children and adolescents ages 12 months - 18 years (offered on a limited basis)
UGA Applied Behavior Analysis Clinic
All programming in the clinic is overseen by Board Certified Behavior Analysts.
- Skill acquisition (e.g. learning to identify name, make requests, wash hands, etc.): The clinic works with parents or guardians to identify client needs, then evaluates their level of performance and creates instructional programming to help them achieve set goals. These programs are then taught to parents or caregivers to provide the client with opportunities to continue developing these skills outside of the clinic.
- Behavior reduction (e.g. aggression, self-injury): Clinic teams work with parents and caregivers to prioritize treatment targets. Then, teams conduct functional assessments (including functional analysis) to identify environmental variables that maintain problem behavior. The team develops and tests treatment options and then provides families with training in implementation.
- Parent training: The clinic offers semester parent training programs targeting specific skills to help promote communication and reduce and prevent problem behavior.
- School consultation: Clinic teams are available to work with schools and teachers on skill-acquisition programming and behavior reduction, as well as general professional development for teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication Lending Library: This is a product of the Automatic for Autism campaign. It provides parents and families with training and “loaner” augmentative and alternative communication options to test out in the home.