Horizons at UGA
Horizons Atlanta at the University of Georgia (Horizons at UGA) is a six-week summer learning experience that supports students from underserved communities throughout their K–12 academic careers.
Our scholars discover the joy of learning, skills for success, and inspiration to achieve their dreams. Scholars begin their Horizons journey as early as kindergarten and return year after year through high school. It is this long-term, deep engagement with our scholars that helps them thrive, regardless of their academic standing when they first enter our program.
In the project-based Horizons approach, our scholars learn by doing. They become inspired as they explore:
Horizons at UGA will serve 270 rising 1-9 graders at full enrollment.
Read more about Horizons UGA
Horizons at a Glance
- Launched in 2022
- K-12 students and families return every year
- Programs are equipped with social-emotional learning tools
- Students achieve an average of 6-10 week gains in reading and math each summer
- Teachers come back each year, creating student-driven classrooms
Every Horizons student learns to swim. Overcoming this fear and learning to trust our qualified instructors builds self-esteem that translates over into the classroom.
Learning to swim:
- Transforms a feared challenge into a favorite activity
- Encourages attention to detail and commitment to a goal
- Teaches resilience and strategies to overcome fears and obstacles
- Inspires children to adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Introduces a competitive sport
- Teaches skills for summer employment
- Promotes a love for and engagement in Horizons
Support Horizons at UGA
We believe that all children, regardless of income, should have the opportunity to realize their potential. Horizons at UGA is dedicated to serving students from underserved communities in the Clarke County School District. By making a gift, you’re not only helping close gaps in opportunity, you’re helping local kids who might be at-risk see a brighter future ahead!
Make a gift to Horizons at UGA