We will likely ask that your child arrive unmedicated, but that you bring the medicine with you. We will administer several measures while the child is off-medication and then resume testing once the medicine has taken effect.
- An IQ test specifically designed for children/teens to measure general cognitive abilities
- A broad achievement test to measure academic abilities in all areas
- Review of previous evaluations, grades, test scores, etc.
- Measures of visual and/or auditory sustained attention
- Measures of executive functioning
- Child observation (either in school or in clinic)
- Measures of social-emotional and behavioral functioning
- Child and parent interviews