Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking (TTCT) Training
We offer expert-level training on scoring the Torrance Tests of Creative Thinking (TTCT) Figural and Verbal forms. Upon successful completion of the training program, learners will receive an official certificate of scoring reliability. The Torrance Center is the only officially recognized site for certification of TTCT scoring mastery.
Jump to Registration and Payment
TTCT Training Options
Synchronous training is the ideal option for group training (i.e., school districts, private organizations), and for individuals who desire immediate feedback and direct interactions with the trainer.
Figural TTCT – Two-day training led by a TTCT Trainer in real-time, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET. Following the training, participants will be given a set of practice tests and a recommended schedule for carrying out the reliability scoring to completion.
Trainees will become proficient at scoring the following components measured by the TTCT-Figural form:
- Resistance to Closure
- Abstractness of Titles
- Creative Strengths Checklist
Trainees also will be taught how to calculate test-takers’ National Percentile and Creativity Index scores.
Verbal TTCT – Single-day training led by a TTCT Trainer in real-time, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET. Following the training, participants will be given a set of practice tests and a recommended schedule for carrying out the reliability scoring to completion.
Trainees will become proficient at scoring the following components measured by the TTCT-Verbal form:
Trainees also will be taught how to calculate test-takers’ Battery Average and Creativity Index scores.
The asynchronous training is an ideal option for international trainees, as well as individuals who need to train during non-business hours.
Our asynchronous workshops for the TTCT-Figural and TTCT-Verbal guide individuals through the same training as our synchronous workshops, including scoring certification, but can be flexibly completed according to each trainee’s own schedule. Following registration, participants will be mailed training materials at their preferred address; upon receipt of materials, participants will receive access to a series of TTCT Training recorded webinars. After trainees have viewed the webinars, they will begin the same reliability protocol that synchronous participants follow.
We recommend certified TTCT scorers complete refresher training every 5 or 10 years based on TTCT scoring experience. This is to ensure the maintenance of reliability in scoring guidelines and procedures in line with the latest TTCT norming guidelines (updated approximately every 10 years by Scholastic Testing Services, Inc.)
Individuals who only score the TTCT intermittently should take a refresher workshop every 5 years, while those who score the TTCT regularly only need a refresher training every 10 years. Trainees may complete the refresher training process through an asynchronous workshop, which includes:
- Access to our webinar workshop(s)
- A set of practice tests to score, sent by email
- Recertification indicating reliability scoring mastery
TTCT Online Training Price Structure
|Figural + Verbal*||$1100||N/A||N/A|
*TTCT Verbal workshops are offered the day following Figural training, every 3 months. A $150 discount is given to participants who participate in consecutive Figural and Verbal workshops.
- Training materials and postage
- Access to real-time training -or- webinar workshop led by TTCT Trainer
- Reliability process
- Certificate and postage
The Torrance Center hosts a face-to-face TTCT Training at the Torrance Center Summer Institute. Please visit our TCSI webpage for more details .
At your location
Please contact email@example.com to request more information about on-site TTCT training.
- On completion of the training, trainees will independently score a set of practice tests, following a recommended schedule set by the Torrance Center. Details on the reliability scoring training process will be provided during the training.
- When TTCT trainees achieve mastery, they will be issued a personalized certificate of TTCT scoring proficiency.
Continuing Education UnitsTeachers can receive 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs) for completing a TTCT Figural training workshop and .7 CEUs for a TTCT Verbal training workshop. The Georgia Center for Continuing Education manages the CEU database. Participants may request transcripts four (4) weeks after the Georgia Center receives the participant list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Georgia Center Registration Services at 706-542-2134.
Registration and Payment
- Please register for any of the TTCT training workshops of your choice .
- Once registered, trainees will be redirected to our payment portal . If a third party is paying for training, there is no information necessary to submit here; registration is complete!
- If you are the third party paying for a training, please choose the type of training you would like and enter the number of participants for whom you will be paying. Follow the instructions in the payment portal to submit a PO and/or pay by check. We also accept all major credit cards.
For a cost estimate or invoice request, please email us at email@example.com . Include the type of training, date(s) (if relevant), and organization name in your email.