The Department of Communication Sciences and Special Education at the University of Georgia is committed to increasing the personal, professional, and cultural diversity of speech-language pathologists who are prepared to serve all citizens of Georgia and the southeast.
Diversity Travel Awards
The Peers and Professionals Project will provide Diversity Travel Awards for selected attendees of the speech-language pathology master's program Open Houses.
Diversity Travel Awards include the following:
- Funding of up to $250 to assist with the costs of traveling to the Open House
- Peers and Professionals networking meeting
- Peers and Professionals dinner, for applicant and one guest, to socialize with current UGA students and faculty
Diversity Travel Award recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Self-identity as a member of a personal or cultural group that is underrepresented among speech-language pathologists in Georgia
- Commitment to attending a program Open House for potential applicants
- Commitment to attending the Peers and Professionals networking meeting and dinner (both on the same afternoon/evening as the Open House)
- Consideration of applying, or have applied, to UGA's master's program in speech-language pathology for the summer 2020 start date
Recipients of Diversity Travel Awards will also be selected based in part on the diversity and quality of applicants' educational, clinical, research, and professional experiences and interests. The awards are intended primarily for persons traveling to Athens from another location to attend an Open House, but applicants who are currently in Athens may apply and be considered for reduced funding.
Applications must be completed by October 28, 2019, for the Nov. 15 Open House.
Shared Interest Projects
Details coming soon!