Sport Instruction Research Lab
Fit Dawgs® Day Camps
The Mary Frances Early College of Education is excited to offer two summer day camps in June:
- Fit Dawgs®, a healthy lifestyle camp for 11 to 16-year-olds
- Fit Dawgs® VIP, a healthy lifestyle camp for youth with visual impairments and blindness for 9 to 17-year olds
Visit the links below to learn more about camp dates and registration!
Both camps are supported by the College’s Department of Kinesiology and Sport Instruction Research Lab.
SIRL initiated research efforts focus on the following topics:
- Motivational processes impacting sustainable and healthy physical activity, exercise, and sport behaviors.
- Prevention and treatment of pediatric obesity
- Coaching behaviors and athletes’ well-being
- Physical Education Experiences of Individuals with Cerebral Palsy
- Barriers and Facilitators of Exercise among College Students with Sensory and Physical Impairments
Research Projects have been supported by:
- National Institutes of Health
- US Department of Education’s Office of Special Education
- SHAPE America
- Memphis ClubCorp, Inc.
- The Ladies Professional Golf Association
- GOLF Magazine, the United States Professional Tennis Registry
- The American Volleyball Coaches Association