Engagement through organization involvement and event participation helps shape the Mary Frances Early College of Education experience. Our student engagement initiatives offer a break from the classroom and opportunities to interact with peers who could become lifelong friends.
With over 20 official student organizations and an ongoing event calendar, there are endless ways for you to get involved.
- Doctoral student named outstanding scholar by Council for Exceptional Children
Doctoral student Christina Novelli (Ph.D. ’26) was recently named an outstanding scholar by the Council for Exceptional Children’s Division for Research Doctoral Student Scholars.
- Two faculty members named to endowed professorships
Kyunghwa Lee was named the Omer Clyde and Elizabeth Pharr Aderhold Professor in Education, and Julianne Schmidt was named the Georgia Athletic Association Professor in Education.
- A global look at sports medicine
This past summer, the Mary Frances Early College of Education’s study abroad program in Taiwan celebrated its 15-year anniversary.
- Amazing Student: Karrah Bowman
Karrah Bowman (Ph.D. '26) strives to support children's well-being and educational outcomes in the field of school psychology.
- Assistant professor receives early career award from research society
Assistant professor Zuchao "William" Shen was recognized for his work in advancing rigorous research relevant to educational practice.
- Kinesiology program ranks in top five of NAK 2023 doctoral program rankings
The College’s doctoral program in kinesiology ranked fifth when adjusted for the size of faculty and fourth when unadjusted for the size of faculty.