Abbie DeLoach Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
This scholarship was created to honor the life of Abbie Lorene DeLoach (February 2, 1994-April 22, 2015). The scholarship was established in 2018 by her father Jimmy DeLoach ‘82 B.S.Ed. through the Abbie DeLoach Foundation.
Abbie was dearly loved by all those who knew her. A graduate of Savannah Christian Preparatory School in 2012, Abbie was an excellent student and athlete. During her tenure in high school, she lettered in basketball, volleyball, and track. While her athletic prowess was strong, it was her leadership on the court and as part of the team that made her outstanding. Dedicated to succeeding in all that she did, Abbie believed in making those around her believe in themselves. This work ethic continued as Abbie went off to college at Georgia Southern University where she was in the nursing program.
A devoted student and friend, she excelled in her calling as a nurse. Not only did her love of learning further her studies, but it was also her love of the Lord that deepened her satisfaction of serving others. The Abbie DeLoach Foundation continues the good work Abbie started, partnering with organizations closest to her heart to give scholarships and support worldwide missions. With permission, recipients of this award will be invited to an annual banquet held by the Abbie DeLoach Foundation in Savannah, Georgia.
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 1
- Sponsor: James M. DeLoach, Jr.
- Audience: Undergraduate students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: email@example.com
EligibilityTwo full-time undergraduate health and physical education, exercise and sport science, or sport management majors in the Department of Kinesiology will each receive a $1,000 award. First preference shall be given to residents of Bryan, Bulloch, Chatham, Effingham, and Liberty counties in Georgia. Applicants must be in good academic standing. Financial need is considered.
How to Apply
Application submissions are electronic. It is advised to prepare your application in Microsoft Word and cut and paste the information into the survey fields as described below:
- A formal letter of application summarizing the applicant’s interest in and qualifications for the award.
- A resume or attachment summarizing cumulative GPA and hours completed, education, employment, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held, and service on committees, publications, presentations, campus service activities, community service activities, and participation in special events or sports.
- One letter of recommendation from University faculty.
A faculty committee will review applications. The criteria for the selection of the recipient will include academic achievement and participation in activities demonstrating leadership and commitment to a chosen area of study.