UGA Alumni Sports Industry Council Scholarship
The UGA Alumni Sports Industry Council , a group of distinguished sports industry veterans, is dedicated to preparing current UGA students who are just beginning to navigate and excel in the sports industry.
The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize outstanding students majoring in sport management who are committed to obtaining careers in the industry. The annual scholarship will be presented to a student who has achieved a high level of academic success and displays the attributes of dedication, perseverance, and a drive to achieve success in the sports industry.
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 15
- Sponsor: UGA Alumni Sports Industry Council
- Audience: Undergraduate students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
A $2,000 award will be presented to one rising junior or senior undergraduate student majoring in sport management in the Department of Kinesiology .
To be eligible, students must have a GPA of 3.25 or higher in credits earned at UGA and must exhibit evidence of having attempted to gain industry experience through volunteer work, internships, or related activities. Applicants should illustrate their motivation to pursue a career in sport management. The award can be received only once.
How to Apply
Application submissions are electronic. Students are recommended to prepare their application in Microsoft Word before copying and pasting the information into the survey fields described below:
- A formal letter of application summarizing the applicant’s interest in, qualifications for, and commitment to a career in sport management
- A resume or attachment summarizing the following: UGA courses and credit hours completed, individual grades and cumulative GPA in UGA courses completed, education, employment, awards received, community service activities, participation in special events or sports, and experience in the sports industry
- One letter of recommendation from a direct supervisor from the sports industry (internships, volunteer work, or other sport industry activities)
A faculty committee will review applications. The criteria for selecting recipients include academic achievement, volunteer experiences, internship activity, and a commitment to achieving success in the sports industry.