Ann Jewett Award
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 15
- Audience: Graduate Students, Educator Prep Students
- Financial Aid Type: assistantship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: email@example.com
One distinguished assistantship per year is awarded to a Kinesiology graduate student with the following attributes: earned outstanding undergraduate and graduate GPAs of 3.5 or higher; plans a career in physical education curriculum and instruction for P-12 or higher education and/or administration; demonstrates potential for excellence in teaching, research or service in the field of physical education curriculum and instruction.
A plaque presented at the Kinesiology Awards Banquet and a 9-month, one-half time graduate assistantship involving 1/3 time teaching and 1/6 time research are awarded. Students must have at least one year of study remaining.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A formal letter of application summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the award
- A resume or attachment summarizing cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPA, education, employment, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held and service on committees, publications, presentations, and campus or professional service activities.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s faculty advisor.
Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee. The student possessing the attributes listed above to the greatest extent will be selected.