Clifford Gray Lewis Scholarship Award
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 15
- Sponsor: Clifford Gray Lewis
- Audience: Educator Prep Students, Undergraduate Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: email@example.com
EligibilityA plaque and $1,000 scholarship award is presented to selected full-time undergraduate Health and Physical Education majors in the Department of Kinesiology . To be eligible, students must be admitted to teacher education, possess a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average, must have completed 60 total hours and 15 hours in major courses toward the BSEd, and must have shown a commitment to the profession of physical education. The award can be received only once.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A formal letter of application summarizing the applicants interest in and qualifications in academic achievement and service and professional activities that provide evidence of commitment to the teaching of physical education.
- A resume or attachment summarizing cumulative GPA and hours completed, education, employment, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held and service on committees, scholarly writing related to physical education, presentations related to physical education, campus service activities, community service activities, and participation in special events or sports.
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty. Electronic copies of letters of reference from university faculty also should be sent as email attachments to the graduate coordinator.
Applications will be reviewed by three faculty members in the physical education program . The criteria for selection of the recipient will include academic achievement and participation in activities demonstrating leadership and commitment to the teaching of physical education.