Joan B. Neal Scholarship Award
At a Glance
- Contact: email@example.com
- Deadline: February 15
- Audience: Undergraduate Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Fall
EligibilityA $1,000 award is presented to one full-time undergraduate Health and Physical Education major in the Department of Kinesiology. The Committee is charged to give close and careful attention to applications of well-qualified female candidates for assistance, although it shall in no way be bound to limit assistance from the fund based on gender of the candidate. The award can be received only once.
How to Apply
Application submissions are electronic. It is advised to prepare your application in Word and cut and paste the information as described below into the corresponding survey fields:
- A formal letter of application summarizing the applicant’s interest in, qualifications for and commitment to a career in physical education.
- Cumulative GPA and hours completed, education, employment and experience in physical education, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held and service on committees, scholarly writing related to physical education, presentations related to physical education, campus service activities, community service activities, and participation in special events or sports.
- Two letters of recommendation from University faculty. Three faculty members in the physical education program will review applications. The criteria for selection of the recipient will include academic achievement, participation in activities demonstrating leadership and commitment to physical education, exceptional character traits, and desire to teach and guide young people.