Louise E. Kindig Research Award
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 1
- Audience: Graduate Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EligibilityOne $1,000 award is available to a doctoral degree student and one $500 award is available to a master’s degree student in the Department of Kinesiology on a competitive basis. Students must be enrolled in a Kinesiology degree program at the time of application. Proposals should be for research for which data collection has not started at the time of the application. The award is to be used to support the proposed research.
How to Apply
Applications for the award should include the following:
- a background or rationale for the research
- a statement of the objective(s) and/or research hypotheses
- a description of the proposed design and methodology including the analytic approach
- a statement about the expected results
- a timetable for the completion of the project
- a budget and budget justification
The application should be no more than five pages in length, excluding the bibliography. The application should include a letter of support from the student’s advisor.
Applications will be reviewed by three faculty members comprising the Research Awards Committee. All proposals will be ranked by each committee member who will make a judgment about the overall scientific quality of the proposed research.