Mary Ella Lunday Soule Scholarship Awards
At a Glance
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 15
- Audience: Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
One $1,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding rising senior who has a commitment to the promotion of physical activity for girls and women. Full-time undergraduate students majoring in exercise and sport science, health and physical education, or sport studies in the Department of Kinesiology with a 3.0 grade point average or above are eligible.
A $1,000 scholarship is awarded to the outstanding master’s degree student, and a nine-month, 41.6% time research assistantship is awarded to the outstanding doctoral degree student with a research interest in girls and/or women’s health, physical activity and/or sport. Full-time graduate students majoring in exercise science or physical education and sport studies in the Department of Kinesiology with a minimum 3.65 graduate point average are eligible. Doctoral students must have at least one year of study remaining.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A formal letter of application summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the award
- A resume or attachment summarizing cumulative GPA and hours completed, education, employment, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held and service on committees, publications, presentations, campus service activities, community service activities, and participation in special events or sports.
- Two letters of recommendation from University faculty.
Applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee. Academic achievement, professional activities, personal attributes and evidence of commitment to the promotion of physical activity for girls and women (undergraduate student) or research interest or accomplishments related to girls and women’s health, physical activity and/or sport will be considered.