This scholarship is a financial need-based award for undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Education. Where available, the scholarship will give preference to a rising senior in the College demonstrating peer leadership and a commitment to youth development through community engagement and/or youth ministry. The applicants must address their work in the community in their personal essays. If no such student is available in the given year, the scholarship is open to any undergraduate COE student with an established financial need.
How to Apply
Office of Student Services
122 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Download the current version of the scholarship guide.
- Prior to beginning your application, identify all scholarships you will be applying for. You will not be able to add information or additional scholarships to your application once it has been submitted. Have the following available to upload before beginning the application:
- A typed, double-spaced personal essay. This essay should include information about yourself, including your professional and educational goals, financial need or how a scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals, as well as specific information requested by each of the scholarships you are applying for.
- A signed COE Scholarship Application Permission Form (see p. 6 of scholarship guide).
- Optional resume.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit three (3) signed letters of recommendation/reference. Any additional letters, beyond the three required, will not be considered. Your references may submit recommendations online or mail them in a sealed envelope to:
Decision notifications: December