Mike Castronis Scholarship Award
At a Glance
- Deadline: February 15
- Sponsor: Mike Castronis
- Audience: Undergraduate Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Spring
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
EligibilityA $500 award is presented to one full-time undergraduate Health and Physical Education major in the Department of Kinesiology . Applicants must have completed 30-90 semester hours, a 3.0 GPA, exceptional character traits, and a desire to teach and guide young people. Financial need is considered. The award can be received only once.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A formal letter of application summarizing the applicant’s interest in, qualifications for and commitment to a career in teaching physical education and coaching.
- A resume or attachment summarizing cumulative GPA and hours completed, education, employment and experience in teaching physical education and coaching, awards received, membership in professional organizations, offices held and service on committees, scholarly writing related to physical education and coaching, presentations related to physical education and coaching, campus service activities, community service activities, and participation in special events or sports.
- Two letters of recommendation from university faculty.
Applications will be reviewed by three faculty members in the physical education program . The criteria for selection of the recipient will include academic achievement, participation in activities demonstrating leadership and commitment to the teaching of physical education and coaching, exceptional character traits related to teaching and coaching, desire to teaching and guide young people, financial need.