This scholarship is available to College of Education undergraduate freshman and transfer students of junior standing or less (90 hours earned or less). Students must have an established financial need. Candidates should have a career goal of serving the children of Georgia as a teacher or administrator. Priority will be given to students from the following counties: Emmanuel, Johnson, Oglethorpe, Clarke, Laurens (both county and city systems), and Jefferson City Schools. Supporting documentation is required from the principal of the school or superintendent and should be attached with application materials. Please note that any application that does not have this documentation will not be considered.
How to Apply
Office of Student Services
122 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Download the current version of the scholarship guide.
- Prior to beginning your application, identify all scholarships you will be applying for. You will not be able to add information or additional scholarships to your application once it has been submitted. Have the following available to upload before beginning the application:
- A typed, double-spaced personal essay. This essay should include information about yourself, including your professional and educational goals, financial need or how a scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals, as well as specific information requested by each of the scholarships you are applying for.
- A signed COE Scholarship Application Permission Form (see p. 6 of scholarship guide).
- Resume required.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit three (3) signed letters of recommendation/reference. Any additional letters, beyond the three required, will not be considered. Your references may submit recommendations online or mail them in a sealed envelope to:
Decision notifications: December