Michael E. Penland Family Award
At a Glance
- Contact: email@example.com
- Deadline: Complete projects by July 1
- Audience: Undergraduate Students
- Semesters: Summer
- The applicant must be a full-time undergraduate student majoring in exercise and sport science, health and physical education, or sport management within the Department of Kinesiology.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 grade point average or above at the time of submission.
- Proposed projects can be research, service, or outreach based but must align with the Exercise Is Medicine initiative and its paradigm that human movement (exercise, physical activity, or reductions in sedentary time) is critical for the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. Note that projects can be newly proposed or ongoing and should be planned to be completed by July 1st.
- Applicants and proposed projects must have a faculty member within the Department of Kinesiology as a sponsor.
- Recipients will be selected by a committee made up of Kinesiology faculty and a doctoral student.
How to Apply
- Review the application instructions
- Submit an online application