Phil & Phyllis Sparling Summer GRA Award
At a Glance
- Contact: email@example.com
- Deadline: February 15
- Audience: Doctoral Students
- Financial Aid Type: Scholarship
- Semesters: Summer
EligibilityOne research assistantship and fees for a summer term at one-half time (1/2) support is awarded to an outstanding full-time kinesiology doctoral student in exercise physiology or exercise psychology who has completed their second year of study by the beginning of the award period.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit:
- A brief proposal describing the rationale, specific aim(s), approach, and the expected outcome(s) of the research project (limit to two pages),
- Curriculum vitae (limit to two pages),
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty advisor.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Department Head and be evaluated on overall quality, including factors such as innovation, appropriateness of research design and methodology, degree of integration from two or more disciplines, and applicability to real-world settings. Once the project is completed, the recipient will provide a final product to their faculty advisor, to be shared with others, preferably in the format of a publication or otherwise in the form of a brief report (limit to five pages) describing the work, results, and discussion of the results. While previous awardees may re-apply for a second summer, priority will be given to new applicants.