This scholarship is available to graduate students who are enrolled in a COE teacher education program. Candidates must have taught five (5) or more years at the secondary level in the State of Georgia. Candidates must state their intention to make a career in secondary education in the state of Georgia. Preference will be accorded to candidates from Oconee and Clarke Counties. Please address how you meet these requirements in your personal essay and provide evidence of previous teaching experience (resume or CV should be attached).
How to Apply
Office of Student Services
122 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Download the current version of the scholarship guide.
- Prior to beginning your application, identify all scholarships you will be applying for. You will not be able to add information or additional scholarships to your application once it has been submitted. Have the following available to upload before beginning the application:
- A typed, double-spaced personal essay. This essay should include information about yourself, including your professional and educational goals, financial need or how a scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals, as well as specific information requested by each of the scholarships you are applying for.
- A signed COE Scholarship Application Permission Form (see p. 6 of scholarship guide).
- Optional resume.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit three (3) signed letters of recommendation/reference. Any additional letters, beyond the three required, will not be considered. Your references may submit recommendations online or mail them in a sealed envelope to:
Decision notifications: May