This scholarship is a financial need-based award for an undergraduate student enrolled in the College of Education. With all other factors being equal, first priority in awarding the scholarship is given to a non-faculty staff member or his/her child in the College of Education. Second priority is given to a non-faculty staff member or his/her child of other University of Georgia schools, colleges, or departments. Third priority is the public at large. This scholarship has a separate application form and requires a personal essay (500 words or less).
How to Apply
Office of Student Services
122 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Download the current version of the scholarship guide
- Fill out the Sylvia McCoy Hutchinson Scholarship Application (within the guide document)
- Include a short essay, no more than 500 words, detailing how the receipt of the Sylvia McCoy Hutchinson Scholarship will help you attain your educational goals.
- Include verification of employment at the University of Georgia on departmental letterhead.
- Include your 2014-2015 FAFSA Student Aid Report and a copy of your 2014-2015 Athena Financial Aid Award Screen (see p. 6 of scholarship guide for instructions).
- Submit application and supporting documents to the COE Student Services Office, room 122 in Aderhold Hall.
Decision notifications: December