This scholarship is available to undergraduate and graduate students from underserved populations who are enrolled in the College of Education. Students must have established financial need. Underserved populations include, but are not limited to, the following conditions: (a) member of an underrepresented minority or ethnic group, (b) first generation college student, (c) raised in single parent household, (d) first language was not English, (e) from an inner-city or rural location. Other groups may also qualify as underserved. Please address this in your personal essay.
How to Apply
Office of Student Services
122 Aderhold Hall
110 Carlton St.
Athens, GA 30602
- Download the current version of the scholarship guide.
- Prior to beginning your application, identify all scholarships you will be applying for. You will not be able to add information or additional scholarships to your application once it has been submitted. Have the following available to upload before beginning the application:
- A typed, double-spaced personal essay. This essay should include information about yourself, including your professional and educational goals, financial need or how a scholarship will assist you in achieving your goals, as well as specific information requested by each of the scholarships you are applying for.
- A signed COE Scholarship Application Permission Form (see p. 6 of scholarship guide).
- Optional resume.
- Complete the online application.
- Submit three (3) signed letters of recommendation/reference. Any additional letters, beyond the three required, will not be considered. Your references may submit recommendations online or mail them in a sealed envelope to:
Decision notifications: December