National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
What are NSSLHA Activities?
The University of Georgia NSSLHA Chapter participates in several fundraisers each year to contribute money to the UGA Speech and Hearing Clinic, including hosting the annual Walk/Run READY, SET, SPEAK! 5K race. Additionally, they volunteer as Junior/Senior Buddies and Reading Buddies at Timothy Road Elementary School, which have been annual community-service projects. There are many ways to get involved with the different NSSLHA activities, and we welcome your participation!
Fundraising activities allow NSSLHA to provide a generous donation each year to the UGA Speech and Hearing Clinic. This money is used to assist with scholarships to clients who are unable to pay for needed clinic services and to purchase clinic materials or equipment.
Why Should I Join NSSLHA?
Benefits of membership in the UGA chapter include:
- Collaboration with other students who have an interest in communications sciences and disorders
- Development of leadership skills and opportunity to be involved in various committees
- Enhancement of educational experiences, resources, and knowledge of the professions
- Exposure to other professionals in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Participation in service activities to benefit the community, department, and university
- Recognition and awards for outstanding student contributions
Membership in the national organization includes these benefits:
- Professional Subscriptions: Access to NSSLHA and ASHA websites, journals, and newsletters, providing information on communication sciences and disorders and resources for course assignments
- Discounts: Continuing education registrations; products; liability, medical, and dental insurance; rental cars; and Subaru purchase or lease
- NSSLHA-to-ASHA Membership Conversion Discounts: Significant savings on dues and fees for your first year of ASHA membership and certification
- Technical assistance and resources and online research help
How Do I Join NSSLHA?It’s quite simple. Just email Kelley Ngo to get signed up. Then you can pay your dues via Venmo (
@NSSLHA-UGA) or by writing a check to NSSLHA. The cost is $10 for NSSLHA membership. After signing up, your email will be added to the Listserv so you can stay up to date on our meetings and events. Also follow us on Facebook to receive updates (National Student Speech Language Hearing Association - UGA).